Since we’ve been spoiling you guys with a themed post for the last two months, we have to give a big up to the most wonderful time of the year. Join us on our Christmas countdown as we enjoy the 12 days of Korean culture. What is interesting is that while we were trying to figure out what to do for this month, we went deeper into the meaning behind the “12 Days of Christmas” and found that it ties a lot into religion. The two of us the decided that with this meaning, we could better curate the content we wanted to present to you guys this month. So please anticipate what our minds gathered from the description below and look forward to how we chose to interpret them!
This is the supposed meaning behind the gifts for the 12 Days of Christmas:
- A Partridge in a Pear Tree – Jesus Christ
- Two Turtle Doves – The Old and New Testaments
- Three French Hens – The three virtues of Faith, Hope and Charity
- Four Calling/Collie Birds – Four gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
- Five Golden Rings – First five books of the Old Testament
- Six Geese-a-Laying – Six days of creation before God’s rest on the seventh day
- Seven Swans-a-Swimming – Seven gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Eight Maids-a-Milking – Eight Beatitudes
- Nine Ladies Dancing – Nine fruits of the Holy Spirit
- Ten Lords-a-Leaping – Ten Commandments
- Eleven Pipers Piping – Eleven faithful disciples
- Twelve Drummers Drumming –Twelve points of belief in the Apostles’ Creed
Disclaimer: We are in no way being sacrilegious. Please be respectful. It’s all in good spirits this holiday season.
2 thoughts on “Unbothered Unnies Presents ’12 Days of Kristmas’”
I look forward to seeing how you interpret these. I did not know what they represented at all. Thanks.
Thanks! We didn’t know the full meanings either but I hope what we picked is as close as it can get.